Anime El Paso has policies in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, exhibitors, guests, and volunteers.
ATTENDEE FEES & BADGES
- An attendee or exhibitor badge/wristband must be worn at all times while attending Anime El Paso
- Attendees not wearing badge/wristband will not be allowed in convention areas
- Each attendee or exhibitor badge/wristband admits one person to Anime El Paso
- Anime El Paso attendee and exhibitor badge/wristband is non-transferable
- Anime El Paso will not replace lost badge/wristband
- In the event of a lost badge a new one must be purchased at standard price in order to regain entry
- It is unlawful to duplicate or alter an Anime El Paso badge/wristband
- Duplicated or altered badge/wristband will be confiscated and the offending parties will be ejected from the event
All children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older at all times while on the premises of Anime El Paso.
Anime El Paso, the El Paso Convention Center, and any of their agents will not be held responsible or liable for lost belongings. A Lost and Found will be located at the Information Area at the El Paso Convention Center.
Because El Paso Convention Center carries a liquor license, Texas state law prohibits the possession of firearms by anyone on its premises, outside of law enforcement personnel. This restriction includes both concealed and non-concealed firearms, permit or no permit.
Animals are not permitted at Anime El Paso with the exception of trained service animals.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO RECORDING
When taking photographs or video recordings at Anime El Paso please observe surrounding traffic and avoid blocking hallways and pathways for extended periods. Please be considerate and ask before taking pictures of attendees, guests, exhibitors, exhibit spaces, and volunteers.
DISTRIBUTION OF FLYERS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Distribution of flyers or other promotional materials without prior approval of Anime El Paso is not permitted. Unapproved flyers and other promotional materials found on the convention premises will be discarded without notice by Anime El Paso staff.
The posting of and display of signage by attendees, exhibitors, or guests anywhere in the convention area without prior approval of Anime El Paso is not permitted. Offending signs will be taken down and confiscated by Anime El Paso staff without warning. Signs that are integral parts of costumes may be permitted with approval of Anime El Paso staff.
Attendees, exhibitors, and guests found in violation of this rule may be subject to badge revocation and ejection from the event at Anime El Paso’s discretion.
If you have a disability that affects your mobility at Anime El Paso we’re happy to provide your companion with Mobility Assistance Badges during on-site badge pickup. The following services are provided to attendees wearing Mobility Assistance Badges. Please keep in mind that Mobility Assistance Badges do not provide the following:
- Skipping spots in lines (companion may wait in line in your place)
- Early access to panels, workshops, and special events
- Guaranteed access to panels, workshops, special events, autographs, or photo ops
Trained service animals are welcome at Anime El Paso subject to the rules of the El Paso Convention Center. Service animals must be kept on leashes or harnesses and under control of the owner at all times.
FACILITY ADA INFORMATION
The El Paso Convention Center is an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant facility. Guests with special needs or service animals are welcome. The facility offers accessible entrances and parking, wheelchair ramps, elevators, automatic doors, and restrooms. For more information about the El Paso Convention Center’s ADA accommodations, please call (915) 534-0600.
The following will not be tolerated at Anime El Paso and may result in removal from the convention without a refund:
- Harassment, intimidation, offensive behavior, or offensive comments
- Any behavior putting patron safety at risk
- Possession of illegal substances (drugs)
- Drug or alcohol intoxication
- Running, dancing, or rough housing
- Physical assault and/or battery
- Non-consensual photography or video recording
- Disruption of panels, signings, workshops, exhibitions, or any other Anime El Paso event
- Camping or sleeping anywhere on the convention premises
- Verbal or physical abuse of attendees, guests, exhibitors, or costumed guests (cosplayers)
- Inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome physical attention
- Super-realistic military, police, or firefighter costumes will not be allowed.
- Metal armor and shields must have dull edges so as to not potentially injure anyone.
- Costume weapons must be easily distinguishable from real weapons. All prop firearms must have a red or orange cap on the barrel. If the weapon is made of steel or of a similar metal (sword, spear, etc.), it must be secured inside a sheath. At no time shall a real metal weapon be removed from its sheath. Sufficiently blunt wooden staves and bullwhips are also permitted, subject to peace bonding at entry.
- Costume weapons capable of firing projectiles (Nerf guns, airsoft guns, bows, etc.) Will not be allowed. Bows must not be strung.
- Projectiles of any kind are forbidden. This includes airsoft ammo, Nerf darts/arrows, water, “Exploderz”, fluids or any other substances, soft or hard, which can be fired from a weapon. Arrow props may not have tips and may not be fired.
- All costume props and weapons must be peace bonded by Anime El Paso staff prior to show entry. Peace bonding is mandatory. After inspection all guns will have will have zip ties attached to their triggers indicating that they are unusable as weapons and safe for display.
- If Anime El Paso staff identifies any costume prop or weapon to be dangerous at entry or at any time during the show, you will be asked to remove the offending item from the premises, or it will be confiscated. Anime El Paso reserves the right to determine on a case-by-case basis what is considered a prohibited costume prop or weapon.
- If your costume prop or weapon is confiscated it will be tagged with your name and held by Anime El Paso staff. It will be returned to you once you depart the event. Anime El Paso will not be held responsible for any damage to confiscated items under its possession. When in doubt, leave it at home!
- Do not brandish weapons or props in a threatening manner. Please be aware of how security personnel may interpret your actions in or outside of convention areas.
- Any prohibited (dangerous) weapons purchased from vendor areas or won as prizes must be securely packaged and immediately removed from the convention center.
Anime El Paso reserves the right to revoke without refund the membership and badge of any attendee found not in compliance with its policies. Attendees are expected to exercise common sense in public behavior, interpersonal interaction, and have respect for private property.